Friday, January 25, 2013

Hobby: Scrappin'

I've decided that I want to start scrap booking in order to keep fun memories of Cash as he grows up.  I've subscribed to a company called Studio Calico to get monthly kits so that I can build my stash of embellishments/papers and all the other fun stuff that comes along with the hobby.  I add on additional stuff some months and of course supplement by going to Hobby Lobby.  I've discovered many other scrapping sites in the meantime and have built up quite the addiction.  I've done all of ONE layout so far, but I did make all of my "thank you" cards for our Christmas gifts this year.  Danielle keeps asking me why I haven't made any layouts and I've finally figured out why - I'm scared of how to make them "boy-ish".  :/  So, I've logged in to all the scrappy sites to get some inspiration, found a layout I love and started picking through my supplies to get one going.  Of course the one I found that I wanted to "lift", I have NOTHING that can mimic it, so I've ordered some stuff.  I'm waiting on it to come in.  In the meantime I've gotten the basics of it started and laid out everything else I DO have.

Here are some photos of the cards I made:


I will try to update some posts with photos of the layouts I do as I get some done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment