Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mom & Dad's New Baby...

A girl I used to work (Erin) with had a distant family member who had 2 pugs. Chip and Marla. They just decided they didn't want them anymore and started neglecting them. So she and her sister took it into their hands to adopt them out to loving homes. One family took Chip right away. So poor Marla needed a home. I asked mom & dad and got an instant "YES!", only to find out that another family reluctantly agreed to take her before I could tell Erin we wanted her. :( She said to keep in touch about it because she just didn't have a good feeling that it would work out.

About a week later I got a call from Erin, "do you still want Marla?", she said. Of course we know how I responded. I had Dad go with me to pick her up and we surprised Mom with her. She couldn't have been happier.

Marla needed to be spayed and in the process of getting her looked at, we discovered she was about 5-6 years old and was missing (or needed to be missing) nearly half of her teeth :( (poor thing) So Dad had her spayed and her teeth cleaned (& pulled) on Thursday. Here are some pictures of woozy Marla. She's so tiny compared to Fonna (26ish lbs) while Marla is 14.2 lbs!



And of course we cannot forget about Fonna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment