Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Meet Cash Benjamin!!

Well, I'm a slacker. But at least I have a good excuse. :)

I'm just going to get right down to it, folks.

I was soooooooo worried I wouldn't know when I was in labor. And if I had to depend on contractions, I don't think I would have known. Because even once they started, I wasn't sure that's what they were. But my water broke first. At 4:48am. I was getting out of bed to go potty and as SOON as I stood up I felt leakage. I thought "I KNOW I did NOT just pee on myself, my water must have broke." As I waddled into the bathroom, it was confirmed because a LOT more came out as I pulled my pants down and headed for the toilet. (graphic, I know, but I just don't know how else to tell it) A puddle hit the floor - all clear - and it just kept pouring out in the toilet. I gave it the sniff test, just to be sure and yes, NOT pee. I yelled at Trey "Babe, my water just broke" in a feeble voice - a couple of times. Asked him to get my phone so I could call the doctor - who told us to get directly to the hospital, because when the water breaks with no contractions, it could lead to infection. So we were on our merry way! (BTW, I had a feeling before I went to bed that something would happen that night or early in the morning becuase Cash was super active in there. As if he were clawing at the "sac", ready to make an escape.)

Contractions started when we were getting into the truck. They were pretty mild. Just felt like cramps or a stomach ache and really I thought I should go back in the house to poop. But I didn't. The ride downtown was a bit painful as contractions were coming about every minute and lasting about a minute.

I decided to get the epidural because my Neurologist explained that it would be very helpful in warding off stress for my body to prevent a seizure, so I said "say no more, I'll do it". I got it when I was dilated to about a 6, which happened right after they gave me a small dose of ptosin. (My cervix was dilating faster than my contractions were getting stronger and Dr. Gullett was fearful that my uterus would give out and send me to a C-Section.)


Cash Benjamin was born soon after, at 10:31am. Grammy, Oma and Daddy were all there to witness and take LOTS of pictures! Mommy cried her eyes out!



No comments:

Post a Comment