Saturday, October 22, 2011

17 weeks

I had another OB check up this week. Everything is still good; with momma and baby. We heard the heartbeat, but couldn't get an acutal count of it because baby was so active, it wouldn't be still long enough to get one to read! Is this a sign of things to come? eeee.

My doctor is apparently going to be picky about my weight. I've gained a total of 8 pounds in 17 weeks. He says this is where I should be. BUT, I took a significant jump in the last 4 weeks so I need to watch what I eat going forward so as not to gain too much. "I don't want to see you go into a downward spiral," he says. "You should be sure to eat lots of salad and veggies, while staying away from too many fruits, juices and sugar." I wanted to knock his fool head off. Are you kidding?! That's ALL I want to eat! Granted, I do HAPPEN to eat salads quite often. And drink a lot of water. But still, I don't want to hear that. Esp. since the nurse just got done telling my urine came back good (again) and my BP was good (again). I know he has my best interest at heart, but sheesh, cut me SOME slack!

Some tidbits:
The appointment we've all been waiting for is just around the corner; November 2!!

Trey's dad has agreed to build all of our nursery furniture! This makes me soooo excited! :))

and now for my 17 week pic:

2 comments: