Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fru-Fru clipboard "how to"

I was making this clipboard for a friend and decided I'd take a few pictures to make it a how-to:

What you'll need: a clipboard (the kind with the clip pictured below), Mod-Podge, a sponge brush, 4 or more pieces of scrapbook paper, and small (decorative) ribbon {I like to use about 5 different colors that compliment the colors of papers I'm using - some wacky ribbons and some normal ribbons}, and scissors.
First: tear the paper to fit on the board. Width-wise, you may need to trim it if you have the square paper. Height-wise, I like to tear it. The rough edges look "neater". Round the corners with scissors to match the corners of the clipboard. You'll also need to cut out the area where the clip is on the front section. In the back, I just glue the paper on top of the brads.


Second: pour a puddle of mod-podge on the clipboard. You can do either side first. It will take about 24 hours to dry. After you get the bottom layer glued down, just lay the next layer over it, and glue. Be sure not to use TOO much mod-podge or you will get bubbles.







Third: Let dry and do the same with the next side in 24 hours or so.

Fourth: After both sides are dry, cut ribbons into 3 inch strips and tie into knots around the clip. I have to get creative on finding something laying around to hold the clip open. Just rotate your colors and tie away!


And TA-DA!!

This is one that I did a little differently at one time, more of a scrap appeal:



I hope this wasn't too confusing. I probably won't be posting anymore how-to's as it was definitely not as easy as I thought it would be.

1 comment: