Thursday, March 28, 2013

One Year - how the time has flown.

So sorry I'm slacking on my posting - life has just been hectic.  Cash turned one - yes, you read that right - he turned ONE on Saturday the 23rd and we had a party for him.  It wasn't a big party - mostly family and a couple of friends.  We didn't want him to get too overwhelmed and be a grouch.  It was "scheduled" from 2-5 and at 3:00ish he decided he needed a nap.  Normally, Cash takes ~30 minute naps, so I thought this would be no big deal; we would all be able to eat while he napped and then we could get on with the pudding finger painting I had planned for the kids and then the cake.  WRONG.  He took a TWO HOUR nap.  Party didn't end til about 7.  Of course those that needed/wanted to leave - left and those that wanted to stay - stayed.  But it just was so "prince" of him.

The theme of the party was "mustache bash" and I made all the decorations myself.  I started about 6 weeks ago.  I can't be more pleased with how everything turned out, but I'm still exhausted.  I'll have to forgot about all this hard work before I consider doing this again.  HA.  After everyone left and I had it all cleaned up I told Trey - "no more birthday's".

Thank goodness my friend Sunshine was there taking photos for us because I NEVER once had a moment to get my camera out.  Here are a few from the day:

The sweet birthday boy himself.


The "entry" table.  The basket was the party favors (a mustache t-shirt I made which was a "smock" shirt for the fingerpaint pudding that the kids could also take home with them), I also had different size photos of Cash's tractor photo shoot laid out with envelopes that the adults could pick through and take with them.





These cookies came from an Etsy shop - All Things Exquisite, and they were delicious and very reasonably priced!

Silly dad/papaw!

The fingerpaint pudding fun!  (it came out a little runny - I forgot to account for  the liquid  all natural dyes when I was pouring the exact amount of milk it called for - OOPS!  lesson learned.  

It doesn't matter because he LOVED it.  Eating it.  Playing in it.  Dumping it.  Whatever.  It was worth it.  

"nevermind the cake, I see creme brulee!"

and he ate just about all of it!

Leah used the wheels from Cash's Kozy Truck to "pimp" out his mini cooper.  

He even tried to help open his presents.  Sometimes.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm just now seeing this post. I NEED a copy of the picture with the mustache paci!!

    ReplyDelete