Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oh Spring, How I Love Thee

We have a lot of azalea bushes in front of our house. Which apparently, at least this year translates to a MILLION bumble bees. Seriously. I counted at least 20 in the one set of bushes by our driveway. The ones by our front door had another at least 5 at one time. This is not cool. We also have had wasps for the past 3 springs that keep trying to build a nest in the attic. They might have succeeded. I saw one fly into the crevice right above the azalea bushes. I told Trey that we need to call an exterminator because I don't want to end up on "Billy the exterminator". Yipes!


If you look closely, you can see the bumble bee in the middle.

2 comments:

  1. Damion is terrified of wasps and bees. He would pass out if he was at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie: now that the azaela's are no longer in bloom, the bees are gone!! And I haven't seen any wasps since then either! (and I kept thinking I'd find them in the house, coming through the vents, but no! yay!) I keep a can of wasp spray on the window sill outside just in case, to be prepared. Because for the longest time, you just never knew when you'd see one. But I haven't had to use it this year. Yet. YAY! Last spring I think I used 8 cans. At least.

    ReplyDelete